8.03.2009

My current 1850 list, and some ideas...

Hey, below is my current 1850 army list:

HQ

Marshal 135
Lightning Claws
Terminator Armor

Emperors Champion 140
Vow: Accept the challenge no matter the odds

Elites

Assault Terminators (7) 280
Lightning Claws (3)
Thunder Hammers (4)

Dreadnought
135
Lascannon, Missile Launcher

Troops

Crusader Squad A (9) 185
CCW, BP Melta-gun, Power Fist

Crusader Squad B (5) 100
Bolters, Melta-gun. Missile Launcher

Crusader Squad C (5) 101
Bolters, Lascannon, Plasma Gun

Fast Attack

Assault Squad (8) 207
Power Weapon, Plasma Pistol, Melta Bombs

Dedicated Transports

Rhino A 58
Smoke, Extra Armor

Rhino B 58
Smoke, Extra Armor

Rhino C 58
Smoke, Extra Armor

Land Raider Crusader 268
Smoke

Heavy Support

Vindicator 125


Im thinking of taking out the Vindicator and the Assault Marines and replace them with 3 land speeders (Assault Cannon and 2 Melta) and replace 2 of the rhinos with razorbacks (a Heavy Bolter and a Lascannon)

The idea is to use the land speeders to drop on objectives and use their speed to contest. I can do that better with them.
The razorbacks would add more firepower to the army.
Hows that sound?


3 comments:

  1. It sounds like it could work.

    The fast moving skimmers makes the Land Speeders excellent for contesting objectives on turn 5.

    You can always try it and see what happens.

    I have one land speeder you can borrow for play-testing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I may do that. Yeah a turn 5 rush was the idea, with the hope that I could reserve em the the last second and the drop em on what I want to contest. At least thats the idea. I love my assault marines but I'd get better use from the land speeders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you can always make little changes to your list and play-test it. If you don't like the change, then you can put the list back like it was.

    ReplyDelete